Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh, Silly Child

I am finally back and with so much to share from our summer vacation. We have been gone for a month and a half and even though it has been bitter sweet (loving being with our families but after a while missing our own beds) it has helped knock out some of Daddy's deployment time.

The kids are really great travelers and they have learned we don't make a lot of stops, so, when we do.. You need to make the best out of them. Well, Madison made sure she did just that and went away with a lesson learned. We had stopped at Wendy's to grab some lunch and when we were leaving I heard her ask Cohen for her life vest. I quickly said, "No" it's time to get back on the road. I realize there was no real reason to say no but there wasn't any real reason for her to have it either. Well, about 10 miles down the road I heard, "Mama, I need help." As I looked back in the rear view mirror I noticed her trying to undo what I told her not to do in the first place. My instant reaction was Silly Child (I can only imagine God saying that about me when I do childish things) I told her I was driving and couldn't really help her so now she had to figure out how to get it off herself. I will admit after seeing her struggle for 30 min I did unbuckle the top latch but after that she was on her own. It didn't take too long:) it was only 170 miles (for real) when she finally got it off and she was thrilled to do so.



We left for vaction early to make it for my Niece's 1st Birthday. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like only a few months ago Joni called me while we were in the movie theater telling me she was going to start pushing and now here it is a year later and Hannah has turned 1


Happy Birthday Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers