Friday, November 13, 2009

Facing My Giants


I Love to eat! But something has to give. I've gained 10 unforgiving pounds since I've been here. I get on the scale all the time but just keep saying it's only 1 pound... and here I am 10 pounds later. Trust me, I'm not a size 6 complaining about this.


I use to be so in shape before I had kids. Not that my babies did this to me but it's much easier to say "My Lovely Lady Lumps" came from having kids rather than I'm lazy and my treadmill is used as a catch-it-all. Sure, I could say I've had 3 C-Sections and this tummy isn't going anywhere without a little professional help and I could also say I just had a baby but he is almost 2 1/2, how long can I keep using that one?
There are many excuses I could use but my guess is if I'm complaining about my weight while eating cookies and milk and watching "The Biggest Looser" there has to be a problem.
I'm always telling AJ..."Maybe I'll wake up one night in a lot of pain and we'll go to the emergency room just to find out I'm pregnant." I could be one of those women who say, "I didn't know I was pregnant." Which would explain all of this, (as I jiggle my stomach up and down)

Knowing i had to start one day I got up this morning and hit the treadmill. I thought I was doing OK until my kids started saying "Run mama, Run." while laughing at me. Never the less I kept going. Anytime I am on the treadmill I listen to 1 song that keeps repeating. Planet Shakers "Cry Holy" it's one of my favorites. I picture a HUGE God sitting on his throne with Golden rays of sun light beaming out from behind him.. And the more the music speeds up the closer I get to him. Just praying and worshiping our Creator. I've even closed my eyes just seeing him with in arms reach but when I did... I fell off the treadmill so now I picture it with my eyes open:)


1 comment:

  1. What I love is I can hear the kids saying "run mama run!"

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers