Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Homemade Laundry Soap


Trying to be a good steward of God's money is most of the time difficult. It doesn't matter if your a stay-at-home-mom or a working mom. When you have kids money is TIGHT!

AJ got transfered before the kids and I were able to leave. Paying our house mortgage and rent on a room for him definately stretched us further than we had ever been before. In the past I had prayed for ways to make money to help our family but this time it was different. This time I started praying to be a Good Steward of the things God had given us. I needed and wanted ways to be a Savvy Saving Home Maker.

While cutting coupons one night with friends one told me about making my own Laundry Detergent. Needless to say I was floored. After all, detergent in the store was anywhere from $10 to $15 and above. A few days later I was on my way. I made batches of that stuff passing it out to friends and family. I was so amazed! It made A Lot and it worked really well.

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm This is the recipe I use. Instead of the Fels Naptha soap I found Zote at Big Lots. It works very well. I also saw an episode of The Duggar Family 18 (19 now) and they make their own as well. Go here to see their Laundry Soap recipe and some other favorite recipes they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers