Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread


Last week AJ brought home a gallon sized Ziploc bag of what appeared to be cake batter. ""Yum-Yum." Soon enough he told me that it was "Amish Friendship Bread" and handed me the instructions on how to go about making it.

I had gotten one before a couple of years ago but never did the mushing and ended up just throwing it away. Apparently the Amish are the only ones who can start the process and then they pass it along to a few friends who work on their own bags for the next 10 days, add a few ingredients, mush some more, split it up and pass some on. And so forth.

So today I finished my 10 days and passed the extra on to Sheri & Shelly. All was mushed and I was ready to make my bread, with the kids help of course. It was REALLY good. I have to admit; I thought it was going to be horrible. Oh, how wrong I was and I will definitely keep making it:) Just a little F.Y.I.... It was even delicious before it ever went in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers