Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life according to Cohen


Kids are often so very honest and Life for them is only 2 ways black or white... That's one great reason why we should always be honest with them. When we say we are going to do something.. do it.. A say what we mean and mean what we say kind of thing..
So as a responsible parent I try to teach my kids chores, the joys of giving and the great job of Responsibility..for instance my kids clean their own rooms and one day when I was telling Cohen, "You need to go clean your room." and as always he asks "Are you going to help me?" and my response is usually the same "It's Your room, Your mess, You clean it." Needless to say I need to choose my words more carefully.
Last week I saw my 4 year old pick his nose and eat his buggers.. And as I have told him many times.." STOP! That's gross.. People don't like kids who eat their buggers." "I only do it at home." he said. and of course by this time I'm laughing "No you don't, You do it everywhere. At home, in the car, at the store.." he quickly cut me short waiving his little pointed index finger and hand from side to side as to carefully make this proposal that could possibly change my mind. and said.."Mom...Mom..., Here's the deal. I'll do it only at home and in the car." "No!" I responded "You don't need to do it anywhere." He then thought for just a second but in that second he had more than enough time for him to realize his responsibilities....(His room, His toys, His mess... Ect..) he then tilted his head to the side and said, with such certainty "Mom, It's MYYYY Mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers